How we use our funds
With the exception of operating costs, which are kept to an absolute minimum, ALL funds raised by Jalon Valley Help are used to support the most vulnerable in the community and to provide care to the sick and terminally ill, regardless of age or nationality.
In recent years social care has become our largest expenditure, usually costing in the region of 100,000€ a year. Whilst the majority of this is on social care for individuals, we also support other caring agencies that provide assistance to individuals and families in need from the local area including:-
• Fontilles – We funded a social room for patients and visitors at Hospital Ferris and a garden for residents at the Borja Geriatric Centre;
• Medical Centres – We have provided essential equipment to local medical centres and during the Covid 19 pandemic we funded iPads and phones for Covid patients at Denia Hospital:
• AECC Cancer Support Group – providing assistance to those individuals and families of all nationalities facing the difficulties that cancer brings;
• ADIMA – providing assistance to adults and children with learning difficulties;
• AMADEM – providing assistance to those with mental health problems;
• A Womens Refuge/Residencia – providing shelter and rehabilitation to women from violent homes;
• The Centro de Acogida San Francisco de Asis, Gandia – a hostel providing accommodation to homeless men of all nationalities;
• The Preventorio Infantile de Nuestra Senora Del Ampar – providing education and assistance to children in need;
• Food for the needy either through CARITAS or direct to individuals.
Providing assistance to adults and children of all nationalities with learning difficulties.
The Centro de Acogida San Francisco de Asis, Gandia
This is a hostel providing accommodation to homeless men of all nationalities.
The Preventorio Infantile de Nuestra
Senora Del Ampar
Providing education and assistance to children in need.
Food for the needy
Either through Caritas or direct to individuals