How we use our funds
With the exception of operating costs, which are kept to an absolute minimum, ALL funds raised by Jalon Valley Help are used to support the most vulnerable in the community and to provide care to the sick and terminally ill, regardless of age or nationality.
In recent years social care has become our largest expenditure and in 2019 we spent over 108,000€. Whilst the majority of this is on social care for individuals, we also support local schools and other caring agencies that provide assistance to individuals and families in need from the local area including:-
• Hospital Ferris, Fontilles – during 2019 we funded a social room for patients and visitors. We also extended our dedicated facilities to provide respite, rehabilitation following surgery and end of life care for more patients.
• AECC Cancer Support Group – providing assistance to those individuals and families of all nationalities facing the difficulties that cancer brings;
• ADIMA – providing assistance to adults and children with learning difficulties;
• AMADEM – providing assistance to those with mental health problems;
• A Womens Refuge/Residencia – providing shelter and rehabilitation to women from violent homes;
• The Centro de Acogida San Francisco de Asis, Gandia – a hostel providing accommodation to homeless men of all nationalities;
• The Preventorio Infantile de Nuestra Senora Del Ampar – providing education and assistance to children in need;
• Food for the needy either through CARITAS or direct to individuals.
Providing assistance to adults and children of all nationalities with learning difficulties.
The Centro de Acogida San Francisco de Asis, Gandia
This is a hostel providing accommodation to homeless men of all nationalities.
The Preventorio Infantile de Nuestra
Senora Del Ampar
Providing education and assistance to children in need.
Food for the needy
Either through Caritas or direct to individuals